SkillPointe Publishes Free Guide to Best Careers in Retailing – PRNewswire
ATLANTA, June 10, 2021 / PRNewswire / – SkillPointe, the premier resource for skills-based career exploration, education, and employment opportunities that don’t require a four-year degree, announced the release of its first e-book, “Let’s Celebrate Skills-Based Careers.” This guide addresses critical challenges facing our economy and higher education, and suggests attractive alternatives to four-year degrees.
Consider these critical facts:
- 30 million jobs in the US don’t require four years of study, they are paid $ 55,000 or more.
- There are 2.6 million skill-based jobs available in 2021, and that number is expected to increase annually.
- The debt on student loans is staggering $ 1.7 trillion
- The four-year graduation rate at public universities is only 33%
- 45% of four-year college graduates are unemployed or underemployed
Todd Wilson, SkillPointe founder, explains: “We are facing a national crisis of growing labor shortages in many skill-based industries. At the same time, many four-year college students leave prematurely with no credentials or certifications that would help them find a better opportunity for students and their families, educators, and career counselors to learn about faster, more cost-effective ways to a rewarding and well-paying career. “
In this free e-book, craft thinkers can learn more about:
- Why a four year college degree isn’t the best option for everyone
- The best craft trades that are in demand and growing rapidly
- Fast-track training opportunities at high schools, adult education centers and vocational schools
- Unique scholarship opportunities for students entering specialist trade training
- Attractive training programs with leading employers
- Career evaluation tools
To download your free copy, visit: SkillPointe.com/ebook
SkillPointe celebrates and empowers all current and future professionals by connecting them to the fastest avenues to greater business opportunity that don’t require a four-year college degree, including self-assessment tools, career insights, training programs, scholarships and local job opportunities. SkillPointe is a single point of contact with information on the most sought-after careers in eight industries: construction, healthcare, information technology, transportation, energy, manufacturing, communications and public services. SkillPointe visitors will find more than 350,000 jobs updated daily and over 55,000 training programs at local community colleges, business schools and employer-sponsored professions. To find out more, visit us at Skillpointe.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter.